Lists lists lists!
Well last night the topic of such things as top ten lists came up while Tess, Mike, Jeremy Justin and I (not Dan, I had to take him back to his piddling house and he was still sleeping today at noon according to his mom!) were hanging out. So I got to thinking today because last night I couldn’t think very straight because of all the drugs that Jeremy hooked us up with. Man, that was some crazy stuff, whatever this brown granuled-powder/sand stuff was that he gave us. I think he said that it was Natural Sugar. Man, that stuff had a zing to it! Anyway- back on track. Here’s my list of lists!
Top Most Inflluential Films in My Life
2. Waking Life
4. Fight Club
5. Star Wars
6. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
7. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
8. The Mission
10. (a tie between) The Lion King and Sen To Chihiro No Kakimakushi
Pulp Fiction, American History X, Time Bandits, Small Change, Amores Perros, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Y Tu Mama Tambien, Braveheart, Gladiator, Annie Hall, Dumb and Dumber, Toy Story, Cidade de Deus, About Schmidt, In The Bedroom, Pirates of the Caribbean, Blade Runner
1. David Fincher
2. Peter Jackson
3. Terry Gilliam
4. Richard Linklater
5. Joel Coen
6. Hayao Miyazaki
7. Steven Speilberg
8. M. Night Shyamalan
9. Ridley Scott
10. Alejandro Gonz?lez I??rritu
And while I’m at it why don’t I just go ahead and mention the top most influential fiction books in my life!
1. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
2. Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
3. Mattimeo by Brian Jacques
4. 1984 by George Orwell
5. The Magician’s Nephew by C.S. Lewis
6. MYST: The Book of Ti’Ana by Rand Miller, et al
7. The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick
8. Star Trek: Federations by Judith and Garfield Reeves Stevens
9. Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
10. Enchantment by Orson Scott Card
And while I’m at that I might as well list off the top NON-fiction books in my life!
1. The Bible (okay I’ll admit it, this was a given) by GOD
2. My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers
3. The Everlasting Man by G.K. Chesterton
4. The Imitation of Christ by Thomas ? Kempis
5. The Weight of Glory by C.S. Lewis
6. Wild At Heart by John Eldredge
7. Bruchko by Bruce Olson
8. A Talent for Trouble by Jan Herman
9. David Livingstone by Sam Wellman
10. World Religions by Huston Smith
(okay so I admit that I haven’t read very many nonfiction books and so my list is equally stupendous and feeble with the titles that fill it, but it is nonetheless, a list) Also, I admist I haven’t yet finished a few of the titles in the list but they have definitely made a huge impression on me thus far in reading them.
Moving on, I might as well include music in this wonderful bevy of lists too!
Top Albums: (and by this I mean the album experience!)
1. Pink (LP2) by Sunny Day Real Estate
2. Neon Golden by The Notwist
3. Parachutes by Coldplay
4. Much Afraid by Jars of Clay
5. Shrink by The Notwist
6. Control by Pedro the Lion
7. One Part Lullaby by Folk Implosion
8. Endserenading by Mineral
9. Emotion is Dead by The Juliana Theory
10. Weezer by Weezer
Your Majesty by The Anniversary, 12 by The Notwist, Any other Sunny Day Real Estate album, Any album by They Might Be Giants, Goesaroundcomesaround by Fono, Return of the Frog Queen by Jeremy Enigk, Point #1 by Chevelle, Silence by Blindside, Listen Closely by The Smalltown Poets, Hey You I Love Your Soul by Skillet, Any album by dc Talk, A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay, Any album by Reclinerland, North to the Future by Joe Christmas
Well, that about wraps it up for Joel’s Lists!